This is one of my favorite go-to dishes that can be used for salads, wraps, and sandwiches. It’s quite easy to throw it together, makes quite a lot of servings, and so yummy.
An easy way to think about it is as a plant-based “chicken salad” using vegan mayo and chickpeas instead of mayonnaise and chicken. I usually use celery and onions for flavor and crunch, but you can adjust as needed. Other options would be cucumbers, peppers, or carrots.
My favorite way to eat this chickpea salad is spread on toast with some sprouts or greens on top. What a perfect lunch! It also goes great on a wrap and my kids like it best between two pieces of bread as a “chicken salad” sandwich. Serve it as you like and enjoy!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
- 15.5 oz chickpeas (drained)
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 2 TBS nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- Prep your ingredients (finely chop the onions and celery; slice the grapes in half).
- Mash your chickpeas with a fork (or with a food processor but leave them a little chunky).
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and spices to the chickpeas.
- Add in vegan mayo and mix well. (My favorites are Hellman's vegan mayo and Just Mayo).
- Serve on toast, in wraps, or on salad. Bon appetit!